Hungry? Don't fill up on bread! You're gonna wanna try everthing on the menu!
Namyang Susan Sashimi Restaurant (남양수산)
Here you will find a sashimi course meal that comes with seemingly everything from the sea! This restaurant is an ‘under-the-radar’ restaurant Jeju locals frequently visit, having a chat over some of the area’s best seafood. Even if you are on a tight budget, sashimi along with a wrap-up vegetables, cucumber, sliced garlic, chilies and sauces along with a few side dishes is more than enough to satisfy.
Different kinds of sashimi will be served depending on the season. If you want ‘Red Sea-Bream Sashimi’, you will have to order ‘Youbiki (Short parboiled sashimi with the skin not removed)’. The ‘Mackerel Sashimi’ at this restaurant is extremely fresh, which is not possible in other cities. To be seen as a professional gourmet, put a sheet of seaweed on your palm and stack a piece of Mackerel Sashimi, garlic and sliced chili before wrapping them and popping the whole thing in your mouth. The head and bones left for Fish Stew will be cooked in the kitchen to be served as you are getting through the sashimi. In case you want to try other sashimi dishes, ask for ‘Bibimbap’ and put some of leftover sashimi into it, which turns it into ‘Bowl of Rice topped with Sashimi’. You’d better hurry to get one of only five tables, especially at the peak time after 6 pm.
· Specialties: Red Sea-bream Sashimi 60,000 won (for 3~4 people), Mackerel Sashimi 50,000 won (2 mackerels)
· Business Hours: 14:00~20:20
· Closed on: irregular
· Tel: 064-782-6618
· Location: 11, Goseongdongseoro 56gil, Seongsan-eup, Seogwipo-si
· From Jeju Bus Terminal: Take bus No. 111 (express) & stop at "Seongsan Transit Center" station (9 stops, 59 min.) → walk for about 9 min. (553m)
· From Seogwipo Bus Terminal: Take bus No. 101 (express) & stop at "Seongsan Transit Center" station (7 stops, 1 hr) → walk for about 9 min. (553m)