Hungry? Don't fill up on bread! You're gonna wanna try everthing on the menu!
Gongsaemi59 (공새미59) / Fusion style Jeju cuisine
Not all food on Jeju Island conforms to the traditional dish. At Gongsaemi59, you can enjoy the Fusion style of traditional Jeju ingredients such as sea quirt, black pork, and Jeju shrimp with hard shell, served in the modern styled enjoyed by young Koreans.
The house specializes in ‘Bowl of Rice with Toppings’ such as ‘Bowl of Rice topped with Sea Urchin & Octopus’ and ‘Bowl of Rice topped with Marinated Jeju Black Pork’. You will be delighted with roe of sea urchin and fresh vegetables sprinkled over the rice, covered by a rich chili paste. While the food has a modern twist on old favourites, the renovated building also holds some nostalgia. ‘Gongsaemi’ used to be the old name of ‘Gongcheonpo’ and ‘59’ means the year when the house was built first. Remodeled from an old farmhouse, it isn’t so spacious with only 4 tables, but the owner not only brings a zest to the food she cooks but also to the atmosphere.
· Specialties: Bowl of Rice topped with Marinated Jeju black pork 8,000 won, Noodle Soup with Top Shells 9,000 won
· Business Hours: 09:00~21:00 (Break times: 15:00~17:00, Last order: 20:00)
· Closed on: Tuesdays
· Tel: 070-8828-0081
· Location: 59-1, Gongcheonpo-ro, Namwon-eup, Seogwipo-si
· From Jeju Bus Terminal: Take bus No. 131 (express) → transfer to bus No. 231, 232 or 510 & stop at "Namwon Transit Center" station (10 stops, 53 min.) → stop at "Gongcheonpo" station (21 stops, 19 min.) → walk for about 4 min. (234m)
· From Seogwipo Bus Terminal: Take bus No. 201 & stop at "Gongcheonpo" station (27 stops, 32 min.) → walk for about 3 min. (188m)