Hungry? Don't fill up on bread! You're gonna wanna try everthing on the menu!
Le escargot (르에스카르고) / Bakery
Passing the entrance of an old, shabby looking alley of Nohyeong-dong around 11am, the smell of fresh baking stimulates your senses. This spicy fragrance comes from a tiny bakery called ‘Le escargot’, well-known for its healthy baked goods. Le escargot does rice-polishing with Jeju’s original whole wheat twice, milling it mechanically, which is then baked into a natural yeast bread. This bread looks a little dark due to the whole wheat, and it is its long fermentation that gives it its reputation as ‘a good bread’. This bakery surrounded by office buildings, so is popular among not only many residents living nearby but office workers as well. Furthermore, it has long been recommended to tourists.
Tip. If you want to buy a particular bread, it is recommended you call the bakery and check in advance, since baking times are different depending on the kind of bread.
· Specialties: ciabatta bread, white baguette
· Business Hours: 11:00 ~ 20:00
· Closed on: Sundays
· Tel: 064-748-0095
· Location: 29, Wollangro 2gil, Jeju-si
Getting Here from the Accommodations Nearby
· From "Worlang House": walk for about 5 min. (333m)
· From Guest House "Sum" or "Mint": Take bus No. 240, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 282 or 291 at "Jeju Bus Terminal" station & stop at "Wollang Village" station (5 stops, 12 min.) → walk for about 2 min. (140m)